Application Process – International Students:
International students are defined as those who are neither U.S. citizens, permanent residents of the U.S., or those granted asylee or refugee status by the U.S. government.
International students should apply for admission online. There is a $50 non-refundable application fee. International students whose native language is not English and who are applying for degree programs or seeking to take online courses at VCU may need to demonstrate English language proficiency by meeting one of the following criteria:
- Residing in the U.S. for 10 or more years
- Scoring at least 400 on the Critical Reading portion of the SAT
- Completing six semester hours of college-level English (e.g., English Composition) with a grade of C or better (excluding ESL classes)
- Presenting a TOEFL iBT score of 80 or higher, or a PBT of 550 of higher
- Presenting an IELTS academic band score of at least 6.0
Students may also demonstrate language proficiency if they have completed a previous undergraduate or graduate degree in the U.S. or another English-speaking country (such as Britain, Australia, Canada, etc.).
Students interested in programs or courses that will require visits to the Richmond, Virginia campus of VCU, should contact the International Student and Scholar Advisor, Ms. Meghan Barger at email@example.com, or (Country code: 1) 804-828-0595